Fluffy Instant Artificial Christmas Fake Snow Powder Xmas Magic Decoration Reusable 100g
Instant snow is an amazing superabsorbant powder that looks like real snow when you simply add water. Just add water and instant snow expands to 100 times its original volume to make the most amazing faux snow you've ever seen.
Instant snow is an amazing super absorbent powder that looks like real snow when you simply add water. Just add water and instant snow expands to 100 times its original volume to make the most amazing faux snow you've ever seen. This 100g tub can make up to 7.5 litres of snow instantly and involves no stirring or waiting. It is amazing to watch.
Let it Snow:
|Use From Your Kit||Gather From Your Home|
- Use the blue scoop to measure 1 rounded scoop of dry powder into the large plastic cup
- Measure 59ml of room temperature water using the small plastic cup
- Quickly pour all of the water into the cup with the powder. Don't take your eyes off the erupting snow.
- Go ahead... put your (clean) fingers into the fluffy, fake snow. Dump it all into the container and play with-uh, that is, "carefully explore" it's properties. Squeeze it and push it.
- You can't stop with just one batch. You know you want to make more... so, do it!
How Does it Work (Let it Snow):
Packed into a small amount of the dry powder is an amazing reaction. Instant Amazing Snow is a compact, super absorbent polymer(sodium polyacrylate) that quickly grabs huge quantities of water molecules expanding very rapidly to 100 times it's original size as it does so. The more it expands, the greater the number of places on the polymer that are available to grab even more water. Of course, there's a limit and if it's reached, the polymer can't hold anymore water and becomes slushy instead of fluffy. If clean, the water in the hydrated Instant Amazing Snow powder can be left undisturbed and uncovered for several days (depending on weather conditions) and will evaporate and, eventually, all that remains is dry powder. Then it's ready to soak up another flood of water and AMAZE you and your young scientists all over again!
The Temperature Test:
|Use From Your Kit||Gather From Your Home|
- Use the blue scoop to measure 1 rounded scoop of dry powder into each large plastic cup.
- Fill a small plastic cup with cold water, and a second with warm water. Keep notes so your observations are accurate and you keep track of what's going on.
- Make sure you're ready to time each eruption.
- Since you know what to do and what to expect, quickly dump the warm water into the powder and start the timer. Stop the timer when the reaction ends and record the time, record the observations you made and be descriptive of what you actually saw.
- You get it: repeat step 4 with cold water.
- At this point it probably makes sense to find a large plastic bin to hold all of your snow. It's going to pile up fast. Dump all of your snow into your snow container.
How Does It Work (The Temperature Test):
With two different water temperatures, you get to test a variable. A variable is something that can possibly change or alter the outcome of an experiment. In this case, It's the speed of the reaction and the texture of the snow that's produced but your young researcher probably doesn't know that.
Which water temperature has the best results?
To achieve the best snow effect warm water is the one to use. The reaction is fast and lots of snow erupts quickly in the cup. The longest effect comes from cool water because, on a molecular level, it's moving slower than warm water because you don't have to bother with warming or cooling it. That means less work and delay.
Your Instant Amazing Snow will start to dehydrate after a few days due to evaporation you can also let the snow completely dry out to use it again. Just spread it in a thin layer and leave it uncovered for 7-10 days (depending on the humidity in your area).
Instant Amazing Snow is Reusable:
Did you know that your Instant Amazing Snow is reusable? It is! To help keep your snow in a reusable state, make sure you and anyone else who will be handling the snow wash their hands before touching it. This will make your snow last longer and stay cleaner, dirt and oil from hands make the snow look icky quickly. All you have to do is dry out that fluffy white snow to turn it back into the powder. Don't leave the snow in a container where it will be piled on top of itself and never cover your Instant Amazing Snow, unless it is back in the powder state. Covering your Instant Amazing Snow is almost guaranteed to result in grey, mouldy snow. Yuck! Instead, use a flat surface covered with plastic (the bigger the better) and spread the Instant Amazing Snow into as thin a layer as possible; no more than half-inch thick. After a few days, your Instant Amazing Snow will be back in its original powdery state. Don't worry if the top layer is a little crusty-crunch it up and you're ready to go all over again.
Cool Science Project Ideas:
- Experiment with different mixing ratios of powder to water to find the perfect, fluffy snow mixture.
- Dissect a disposable baby diaper to find the super absorbent polymer hiding in the middle layer. Collect the diaper polymer (you'll be able to extract about 1 teaspoon) and add 59ml of water. Compare the features of this polymer to Instant Amazing Snow. Chemically speaking, these two polymers are cousins.
- Pour a little salt into the fluffy "snow" mixture. Within seconds, the snow appears to "melt". Why? Salt Permanently breaks down the super absorbent polymer and releases the water.
- After making up the perfect batch of fake snow, put some in the freezer. The snow should freeze in about 8 hours and it feels like real snow.
Instant Amazing Snow Safety:
Sodium polyacrylate has been determined to be non-hazardous by 29 CFR 1910. 1200 (OSHA Hazard Communication Standard). However, always use caution when handling chemicals. Never put chemicals in your mouth. Store the chemical away from small children, food and pets. Even though the diaper polymer (sodium polyacrylate) is non-toxic and environmentally safe, be sure to handle this chemical with care.
Included In Your Kit:
- 100g Instant Amazing Snow Powder
- Plastic Blue Scoop
Gather From Your Home:
- 266ml Plastic Cups
- 59ml Plastic Cups
- Warm and Cold Water
- Large Plastic Container
- Salt (Optional)
Mixing Ratios for Instant Amazing Snow:
Mixing Ratios for Instant Amazing Snow Metric Measuring:
Last Order Date for Xmas Delivery 17th December!
There is only one parcel charge per order, Larger orders will sometimes be broken down into multiple shipments.
Your delivery charge is calculated during checkout.
|Service||Shipping is MONDAY - FRIDAY Only|
|2-4 Day Service||24hr Service||Pallet Service|
& Scottish Islands
We do not deliver outside of these areas. For very large order sizes, we reserve the right to re-quote the delivery charge before acceptance and shipment of your order.
Please Note* We only ship orders Monday - Friday, any orders made after 2pm will be shipped next day.(This includes next day delivery)